What does a Wedding Planner do? Good question!
It is my role to save you time, money and worry.
A day in the life of a Wedding Planner
Many people ask me "So what is it that you actually do?" and in the past I've found it difficult to explain all the things I do in my role in a nutshell. So, I put together a typical timescale of my day as a Wedding Planner so that you can understand the activities that I take care of.
- 6.15 - Alarm goes off, time to get up!
- 8.00 - Depart for Wedding Venue
- 9.00 - Arrive at venue, visit Bride to collect any items, discuss any changes/amendments/lastminute reminders
- 9.15 - Attend to the Drinks Reception and Dining Reception spaces including placing Table Plan, Place names, Guest book, Chair sashes, detailed napkin folds/presentation)
- 10.30 - Meet and greet suppliers, assist with any queries, give guidance where required
- 11.30 - Attend Ceremony area and prepare (Tidy, Orders of Service, Confetti, Meet and Greet Ceremony Suppliers/Officiant)
- 1.00 - Visit Bride, ensure she is happy with days developments, bring bubbles!
- 2.00 - Oversee the beginnings of Wedding Ceremony, ensure all is well
- 2.30 - Attend Drinks Reception area, ensure refreshments are arranged, further tidy/set up, final check
- 3.00 - Ensure the Bride and Groom have cover if required after Ceremony, assist guests where necessary, arrange drinks to be taken to Bridal party while having photographs
- 3.30 - Finalise set up in Dining Reception space, check PA System, Favours out, Candles lit, Cake Knife in place..
- 4.30 - Call guests to Dining room
- 5.00 - Announce speeches
- 6.00 - Break
- 6.30 - Assist with Food service, check Bride and Groom are fine, any preparation in Bridal suite
- 7.00 - Meet and greet Wedding Entertainment, ensure all evenings arrangements are double checked
- 7.45 - Announce First dance
- 8.30 - Check with Catering and Band that the break time is agreed for Evening Buffet/Fireworks
- 9.00 - Phew! The day has come to an end for me!